What do I need more of in my life?
A lot of times I think to myself “I need less of ____”. Lately it’s been mindless TV/instagram scrolling at the same time (I’ve been stuck in this habit for a few years now and I dislike it), but I haven’t really asked myself what I need MORE of.
- More time spent just listening to music which = more time spent with my thoughts. It seems like I am scared to be without background voices, whether in TV or podcast form. Maybe it’s just the pandemic, maybe it’s just feeling lonely (really, these are the same thing), but I need more of this to challenge myself.
- More time being grateful. I’ve been trying to write down things I’m grateful for in my journal with a sparkly gel pen because life is just so much fun that way.
- More quality over quantity in every aspect of my life — in my workouts, clothes, books, food (though quantity is still important), friendships.
- More time spent outside of my own head — talking more with others & learning how to be a better listener.
- More research. Simple as that. I’m not doing it enough and I don’t like that.
- More high quality sleep. I don’t know if I should just not be taking melatonin but something is not right.
- More self care. This involves doing the really hard things that I don’t really want to do but I know will make me better.
- More deep (nasal) breaths. More awareness of my body but in the positive ways. More things to calm my anxiety, not just for the sake of my sanity, but also for my heart health & nervous stomach that’s not doing well right now. As I get older and am living more and more on my own, no one is going to tell me how to eat — so I need to do better for my physical health as well.
- More courage. More willingness to try new things and potentially fail. More of the kind of person I know I’m not but want to work towards.
Now that I’ve written this, I think writing what I need less of is almost shameful — less laziness, complacency, etc. That stuff is not easy to admit so maybe one day I will think about that. But for now, I just want to fill my life with more good things because I feel like I haven’t truly been happy many times since I uprooted and moved to Georgia. Less pressure on myself! Less negative things and people! And replace it with more…better things :)